US Visa Documents List: Check Required Documents List. Visa requirements for entering the United States have undergone several changes and are frequently seen as being complicated. But the procedure is really rather easy. You wouldn’t need an agent if you followed the straight method outlined by the agencies. The obligatory paperwork, supporting documents, and additional helpful documents needed for the US visa are listed below. Additionally, the documents that are not required depending on the situation and might differ from person to person. The most typical documents requested are as follows:
Mandatory documents required for US Visitor Visa (Tourist Visa)
The Mandatory Documents Required For a US Visa Are Following.
- Original passport with a six-month validity beyond the expected arrival date in the USA
- All old passports
- One photograph per specification. Both digital and hard copy of the photograph is required
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC)
- Proof of fee payment, which is a valid receipt
- Printout of US interview appointment letter.
What Are Supporting Documents for US Visitor Visa?
Verifying legality, validity, criminal background, and financial affordability is the goal of supporting documentation. A successful visa interview is aided by additional documentation that supports the aforementioned. Different supporting documentation is required under different scenarios. The list of suggested documents for a few situations is provided below. The recommended documents are only suggestions and are not binding.
Supporting documentation for leisure travel, sightseeing, and discovering the United States:
- Travel schedule
- Proof of Funds (a bank statement, a copy of a passbook, or any other kind of monetary evidence)
- Tax ID, PAN ID
- A copy of your tax returns from the previous year, if you have any.
- Travel Itinerary
- 1-year old ITR
- Resume or CV
- Business card (if any)
What Are The Supporting Documents to Visit the USA to Meet Family, Children, or Attend Any Family Event?
- Letter of invitation from a family member or children
- Event invitation proof
What Documents Required for Your Visa Interview?
Below Mentioned original documents are needed to be taken at the time for an interview at the USA consulate general. Check the Full List of all Required Documents.
- Valid Passport
- 1 Photograph (as per specifications)
- Visa application form DS 160
- Visa fee payment receipt
- US visa appointment letter printout
- Proof of your purpose of visit
- Intent to depart from the USA at the end of the trip
- Financial Proof for paying for your stay in the USA
What Documents for the Visit Purpose Proof?
Here is the complete detailed list of documents based on the visa category For USA Visa:
- Travel itinerary
- To and From flight tickets
- Accommodation details
- If visiting a friend or family: Invitation letter from a friend or family
If visiting for business purposes In the USA:
- Information on the US-based business associate
- Applicant’s business card
If visiting for an event In the USA:
- Proof of event
- Invitation card
What Documents Are Required If Visiting for medical treatment In the USA?
There are 3 documents Which You Need before applying Visa For Medical Treatment.
A medical diagnosis Certificate from a local physician stated:
- Reason for taking the treatment
- Explain the nature of alignment
A medical letter from the US medical facility or physician stating:
- Their willingness to treat your alignment
- Cost of treatment (including doctor’s fees, hospitalization, and other medical costs
- Proof of payment in the US for transportation, medical, and living expenses.
What are the travel purposes for different types of US visas?
- Business associates consulting
- Attending the conference
- Estate settlement
- Contract negotiation
- Visiting tourist places
- For spending vacation
- Relatives and friends visiting
- Medical treatment
- Social event and amateur performances participation
- Enrolled in the non-credit, short-study course
What is the Complete Visa Process for a US Tourist Visa?
Below are the steps to apply for a tourist visa to the USA:
- Fill out the DS-160 form to apply for a visa.
- Now Put an Electronic signature on the application form.
- Within 48 hours of submitting the form, you can pay the costs. It is possible to pay the charge online or Offline.
- Form DS-1160 should be printed.
- Reservations must be made for a visa interview.
- The initial visa interview is for biometrics, during which your fingerprint and picture will be taken. Ten minutes are required for processing.
- The second interview at the visa application center is crucial since it allows for the determination of the visa applicant’s reason for visiting the US.
- If the non-immigrant visa is granted, you must take your passport to the visa application center to get it stamped.
How long does it take to receive a visa to the United States?
If approved, you will immediately know the outcome of your visit visa interview, and you may then submit your passport for passport stamping. The average processing period for a US visa application is 3 to 5 weeks. Three to five days following your visa interview, your visa will be sent to your home address.
FAQ: US Visa Documents List
How long can I stay in the US on a tourist visa?
Ans: The maximum stay option for the tourist visa, i.e., B-2 type of visa is 6 months For the USA. If you wish to stay longer, you can extend your visa.
What are the digital photos for online visa requirements?
Ans: The Minimum Requirement for Digital Photos is Following